Orthodontic Treatment FAQs
Diagnostic records are taken to determine the best course of treatment. These typically include medical & dental histories, photographs, x-rays and an intraoral scan. Dr. Pawlak will then complete the clinical orthodontic exam. She will use all of this information to develop and explain the treatment plan that is custom to you. We will answer all of your questions and review the cost of treatment.
The purpose of the initial exam is to answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
The cost of treatment depends upon the complexity of the patient’s treatment needs. Our treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options at your first visit. We have different payment options to suit your budget and are also in network with many insurance plans. We work hard to make treatment affordable.
Your investment includes:
- Diagnostic records: X-rays, digital study models and photographs used to develop your personal and customized treatment plan.
- Active treatment fee for either phase I or comprehensive treatment including all regular office visits.
- One set of retainers.
Your investment does not include:
- Work performed at other dental offices outside of our orthodontic practice, including routine dental care and extractions.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (temporomandibular joint) complications, endodontics, restorative dentistry, additional orthodontics and/or oral surgery, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
We accept assignment of benefits for many insurance plans. By doing so, your family’s out-of-pocket expense can be substantially lower. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
Lights, Camera, Action
We will take your diagnostic records including photos, X-rays and an intraoral scan that will aid Dr. Pawlak in diagnosis and development of your treatment plan.
Our Treatment Coordinator will then bring you to our consultation room where you'll meet Dr. Pawlak. She will complete the clinical orthodontic exam and review your records. Dr. Pawlak will review your personalized treatment plan, being sure to address your concerns and answer any questions you might have.
All in the Details
After Dr. Pawlak proposes treatment and answers any questions, our treatment coordinator will dive into the specifics of your treatment plan. They'll also guide you through our zero interest, in-house financing options and determine what is going to work the best for you.
Welcome to the Artful Orthodontics family! Before we part, we will set up a future appointment to get started with your treatment! We are excited and honored to be a part of your orthodontics journey.